Thrive Worship Center is a Foursquare Church. Below are some of our basic beliefs.
To get more information about the Foursquare Church Denomination click here.
Word Of God:
- The Bible is God's Word (2 Timothy 3:16,17).
- Through man sin entered the world (Rom 5:12).
- Because of God's love for us He sent Jesus to make the ultimate sacrifice for our sins (John 3:16; Romans 5:5).
- It is by His grace through faith in Jesus Christ that we are saved, and not based on our works (Ephesians 2:8,9).
- It is through Jesus that we are reconciled to God (John 14:6).
- We believe that upon sincere repentance, and a whole-hearted acceptance of Christ, that we are forgiven and are justified before God (1 John 1:9).
- We believe that change takes place in the heart and that new life begins at conversion, empowering one to succeed in all that God has planned for them (2 Corinthians 5:17; Jeremiah 29:11; Mark 9:23).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit was sent to teach us and lead us into all truth (John 14:17).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit has gifts to bestow upon the Christian and that we should show spiritual fruit as evidence of a Spirit-filled life (1 Corinthians 12:1-11; Galatians 5:22).
- We believe that the Baptism with the Holy Spirit is to endue the believer with power and that His incoming is after the same manner as in Bible days (Acts 2:4).
Baptism & Lord's Supper:
- We believe that baptism by immersion is an outward sign of an inward work (Matthew 28:19).
- We believe in the commemoration of the Lord’s Supper by the symbolic use of the bread and juice (1 Corinthians 11:24, 25).
- We believe that a relationship with God will lead to a life of thankfulness and continued growth. (Colossians 2:6,7).
- We believe that fruit of the Spirit will be demonstrated through the life of a believer (Galatians 5:22,23).
- We believe that God's love should flow not only in our life but through our life to others as well (Phillippians 4:5).
Evangelism and Missions:
- We believe one of the greatest ways to share the gospel is by walking it out in our everyday lives and allowing that to be the living example to others.
- We believe God has called us to build people, so rather than supporting missions programs alone, we support missionaries (people with a heart for missions).
- We believe that it is important to be a committed part of a body of believers. The importance of the church is not only what you will receive from it, but also what you can give to others through encouragement and support (Hebrews 10:25).